Download Promyze plugin
The Promyze extension is available on the JetBrains Marketplace you can find in your IDE. Our plugin is currently compatible with those IDEs, in minimal version 2017.1 :
Simply search for "Promyze" in the Marketplace tab and install the available plugin.
The next important step to do is to set up your plugin with your information.
You can find the control panel of the extension in "Preferences > Tools > Promyze" on your IDE.
There are 5 configuration parameters:
- Promyze api key : Corresponds to the API key associated with a user account. It can be found in the "Profile" section of Promyze.
- Saas version : Specifies whether you are using the Saas version of Promyze, allowing you not to enter the following three parameters.
- Host : Corresponds to the host where the extension can reach your Promyze instance.
- Port: Corresponds to the open port associated with the specified host.
- Secure : When this setting is enabled, the extension uses the https protocol to reach the host.
Show and use the Promyze window
Once installed, the plugin adds a new tab in your right toolbar :
Clicking on this tab will open a panel that allows a logged-in user (with a configured api key) to view all his spaces and practices as well as the current sessions and battles.
The window is divided in two tabs. The first one contains the list of practices with the possibility to search to filter them by name. And the second one contains the list of sessions and battles in progress.
In the practice tab if you double click on a practice, a new window will open to display more details about that practice.
Concerning the part with the sessions and battles in progress, if you click on one of the items you will be redirected in your browser to the page with the corresponding information.
Use Promyze's editor commands
After installing Promyze, you will notice that the context menu (right click) of your editor has been enriched with a new section called "Promyze".
This menu offers 4 code-related Promyze functionalities:
- Tag your selection as positive or negative using an existing practice or by creating a new one.
- Send the current editor file as a correction for the most recently created negative tag.
- Send all the contents of the current editor file.
- Send the selected code from the editor.
The result of each functionality can be found on Promyze homepage, in the section "External Activities".
For feature (1), you can :
- use an existing practice by double-clicking on it in the displayed list.
- create a new practice by clicking on the corresponding button, then you have to type the name you want give and finally choose the space and the profile to use.
To send the example, you just have to click on the button corresponding if it is a positive or negative.
For feature (2), you will have only one step to perform, it consists of confirming that you want to perform this action and displays details about the last negative example sent from your IDE. By confirming, all the code present in the file will be sent to Promyze in order to offer you the difference between the original file and the correction.
For features (3) and (4), you will have only one step to perform, it consists in specifying the space in which to send the information.