Download Promyze for Visual Studio Code
The Promyze extension for Visual Studio Code is available on the Visual Studio Code Marketplace. It requires to use your IDE from September 2020 version (1.50).
Simply search for "Promyze" in the Marketplace tab and install the available plugin.
The next important step to do is to set up your plugin with your information.
Configure Promyze for Visual Studio Code
You can find the control panel of the extension in "Settings > Extensions > Promyze" on Visual Studio Code.
There are 5 configuration parameters:
- Api key : Corresponds to the API key associated with a user account. It can be found in the "Profile" section of Promyze.
- Saas : Specifies whether you are using the Saas version of Promyze, allowing you not to enter the following three parameters.
- Host : Corresponds to the host where the extension can reach your Promyze instance. This setting is not used if Saas is enabled.
- Port: Corresponds to the open port associated with the specified host. This setting is not used if Saas is enabled.
- Secure : When this setting is enabled, the extension uses the https protocol to reach the host. This setting is not used if Saas is enabled.
Show and use the Promyze window in Visual Studio Code
Promyze for Visual Studio Code provides a new tab in your activity bar :
Clicking on this tab will open a panel that allows a logged-in user (with a configured api key) to view all his spaces and practices as well as the current sessions and battles.
The window is divided into three sections: practices (upper section), ongoing sessions (middle section) and ongoing battles (lower section). All these sections are represented as a tree. Each node of the tree can be expanded to load additional information.
For the practice section (upper section) :
- The first layer of nodes represents the spaces to which the user has access.
- The second layer represents the profiles in the corresponding space.
- The last layer represents all the practices of the corresponding profile.
Once in the practice layer, a simple click on a practice node opens a new tab in your IDE with more information about it.
Concerning the sections with the current sessions and battles, if you click on one of the items you will be redirected in your browser to the page with the corresponding information.
Use Promyze's editor commands in Visual Studio Code
After installing Promyze for Visual Studio Code, you will notice that the context menu (right click) of your editor has been enriched with a new section called "Promyze".
This menu offers 5 features of Promyze :
- Create a new practice and add a positive or negative example on the selected code.
- Add a new positive or negative example of an existing practice on the selected code.
- Send the current editor file as a correction for the most recently created negative tag.
- Send all the contents of the current editor file.
- Send the selected code from the editor.
The result of each feature can be found on the Promyze home page, in the "External activities" section.
For feature (1), you will first have to enter the name of your new practice, then choose the space in which to add it and then the profile to use.
For feature (2), you will need to choose from the drop-down list that will appear the name of the practice on which you want to add this new example.
For feature (3), you will have only one step to perform, it consists of confirming that you want to perform this action and displays details about the last negative example sent from your IDE. By confirming, all the code present in the file will be sent to Promyze in order to offer you the difference between the original file and the correction.
For features (4) and (5), you will have only one step to perform, it consists in specifying the space in which to send the information.