Configuration of Slack with Themis
The feature of Slack is the possibilité to add bots to communicate directly with the users of Slack. You have to beforehand create a bot user who will communicate directly with each of the users.
You have to have the privileges of administrator to do that operation.
Here the steps to follow to create a bot:
- In your Slack tool, open the menu of configuration (by clicking on the area up to the left of the screen where is registered your name of user).
- Click on Apps & Integrations.
- A new window will open in your browser, leading you towards the Marketplace of Slack applications. Click on Build in the menu up to the left of the screan
- Click on the Start Building button in the center of the screen
- Click on the Create an App button
- Inform a name of application and select your team
- Click on the Bots box in the Add features and functionality section
- Click on the Add a Bot User button
- Enter a name for the Bot and validate
- In the Settings section of the left-hand menu, click on the Install App link
- Validate the installation by clicking on Install App To Workspace
- Copy the token in the Bot User Auth Access Token field
- Return in Themis, activate the service of Slack notification (Services de notifications section).
- The following form opens:
- Paste here the value of the previously selected API Token, then click on the Validate button to complete the operation.
Configuration for every user of Themis
Every user of Themis has to configure its parameters of Slack notification so that the notifications would be sent to him.
In the Administration > Notifications > Service of reception of your notifications part, click on the icon representing Slack. To sign in, you may use the e-mail address currently configured in your Themis account Themis if it is identical to the one of your Slack account.
If it is not the case, you may deactivate the Authentication by e-mail address option and indicate your name of Slack user (viewed in the bar up to the left in Slack). You may test the mailing of notifications to check that the configuration works properly by clicking on button of test.